“To actively contribute to the social and economic development of the communities in which we operate. In doing so, build a better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country’s human development index.”
– Mrs. Kusum Madan, Director Mahima Group & Vice President Mahima Foundation.
Mahima Group Chairman Mr. Dhirendra Madan’s strong believes in the concept of ‘sustainable livelihood’, has translated in the company’s social commitment and efforts. It has made the economic success of the company a factor to the triple bottom line accountability. The very existence of the company is only seen through constant exchanges with the People & the Planet. This is means for Mahima Group to give back to the society where we live and work
His belief that the women & men are endowed with innate ability to be productive, the only need is to make them believe in their abilities. Thus with this capacity building approach the company empowered the people and made their growth truly sustainable and permanent.
In pursuance of his philosophy the Corporate Social Responsibility of the Mahima Group was defined.
Taking forward the great philanthropic movement is at the helm of the affairs Mrs. Kusum Madan, The Director of Mahima Group & the Vice President Mahima Foundation. She defines her commitment as “To actively contribute to the social and economic development of the communities in which we operate. In doing so, build a better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country’s human development index.”
Our community work is a way of giving back the society we live and work in!
The philanthropic and CSR initiatives of the company date back to the early days of its formation, a more recent development has been the setting up of the MAHIMA FOUNDATION.
The Foundation has opened Schools and crèche at all its construction sites for the children & infants of labour to make them a better citizen of tomorrow. Apart from the education there is an effort to make the effort complete with support and motivation offered with distribution of School bags, Lunch box, Toys, vocational games are distributed at regular intervals to motivate the children.
Mahima Group owes the pride to have schools at all its construction sites with professionally qualified teachers supported by eminent staff and education material. All the labour kids at construction site follow a strict regime to attend the school on daily basis which not only supports in their upbringing but also plays a major in their safety
Our Focus Areas
- Formal and non-formal education, adult education
- Scholarships for girls, merit scholarships and technical education for boys
- Distance education
- Girl child education
- Digital literacy / computer education
Health care and family welfare
- Pulse polio programme
- Mobile clinics — doctors’ visits
- General and multispecialty medical camps
- Reproductive and child health care, supplementary nutrition / mid-day meal projects at all construction sites
- Safe drinking water, sanitation
- HIV / AIDS, cancer, TB awareness and prevention camps
- Blood donation camp at regular intervals.
- Widow re-marriage / dowry-less mass marriages
- Social security (insurance)
- The Green Way – Mahima Group Initiative towards sustainable and eco-friendly
- Culture and sports
- Women empowerment
- Self-help groups (microfinance for women and farmers)
- Watershed management
Skill development / vocational training through Mahima Group for integrated training programme.